Contact: Brad Barclay E-mail: email@example.com
Prizes: 1st $3.00 2nd $2.00 No 3rd
Home Baking & Preserving Rules:
- Late entries pay double and may be accepted up to 5 pm on Thursday.
- Novice Baking for entrants who have not won a 1st or 2nd prize in Baking Section before.
- Novice Preserving for entrants who have not won a 1st or 2nd prize in Preserving Section before.
Section 1 - BAKING
Baking will be judged on texture, appearance & taste.
N1 Multigrain Bread, 1 loaf
N2 Machine Bread, 1 loaf
N3 Muffins, Any Variety (AV), 3, named
N4 Cookies, AV, 3 named
N5 Loaf, AV, named
N6 Brownies, 3
N7 Scones, AV, 3 named
201 Multigrain Bread, 1 loaf
202 Machine Bread, 1 loaf
203 Sourdough Bread, 1 loaf
204 Cinnamon Buns, 4
205 Bran Muffins, 4
206 Cookies, Chocolate Chip, 4
207 Sugar Cookies, shaped, iced, 4
208 Muffins, Any Variety, 4
209 Cupcakes, decorated, 4
210 Carrot Cake, iced
211 Cake , decorated
212 Any Two Crust Pie, 6-8”, named
213 Baked Square or Bar, 4 pieces, named
214 Any Paleo Bar, 4 pieces, recipe attached
215 Scones, 4
216 GF Cookies, Chocolate Chip, 4, recipe attached
217 GF Bars or Squares, named, 4, recipe attached
218 GF Cake or Cupcakes 4, decorated, recipe attached
219 AV Fudge, 4 pieces
220 Any Raw Vegan Cookies, 4, recipe attached
Section 2 - PRESERVING
- Canned preserves will be judged on appearance, pack & container.
- Jars and lids should be clean and free of rust.
- Preserves should be made within the year.
- Canned goods must be processed in a boiling water canner or pressure canner using two-piece snap lids. No wax-sealed jars accepted.
- Any labels should be on bottom of jar.
- Jams and jellies 250ml or 500 ml jar. Fruit, pickles and vegetables 500ml or 1 litre jar.
NP1 Stawberry Jam
NP2 Blackberry Jam
NP3 Pears, halved
NP4 Vegetable, Any Variety (AV), named
NP6 Dehydrated fruit, AV, named
NP7 Any Other Variety (AOV) preserve
Jams and Jellies
251 Strawberry Jam
252 Blackberry Jam
253 AO Jam, single fruit or berry, named
254 AO Jam, combination, named
256 Red Pepper Jelly
258 Jelly, AOV (eg rose petal, herbal) named
261 Peaches, halved
262 Pears, halves
263 Dehydrated fruit, single
264 Apple Sauce
265 Fruit Leather
266 AO Fruit, combination, named
271 Dill Pickles
272 Bread and Butter Pickles
273 Relish, AV, named
274 Chutney, AV, named
275 Pickled Beets, named
276 Vinegar, AV, named
281 Beans, 1 jar
282 Carrots, 1 jar
283 Tomatoes, stewed, 1 jar
284 Tomatoes, whole, 1 jar
285 Mixed Vegetables, 1 jar
286 AO Vegetable, 1 jar