Monday September 10th at 7 pm
- Last day for submitting entry forms at regular fees (.50 for children and 1.00 for adults).
- If submitting late entry (after Monday Sept 10th at 7pm) leave in entry box outside office or bring with entries on Thursday Sept. 13th before 5 pm (Late entries pay double fees)
- Please don’t bring your actual exhibits before Thursday between 2-6 pm.
Fair Office Open Monday Only
- 3 - 7 pm to accept entry forms and fees.
- 1040 Marwood Ave.
Thursday September 13th from 2 pm to 6 pm
- Bring your actual exhibits to Luxton Hall, for sections A-E.
- Entry tags for attaching to your entries/articles will be in Luxton Hall.
- Please give yourself plenty of time to get your entries ready for judging.
- You must leave the building by 6:15
- Judging begins at 7:00 pm promptly. Building closed to public during judging.
Thursday Sept 13th at 6 pm
- Deadline for placing exhibits in Luxton Hall. Judging starts promptly at 7:00 pm.
Sunday September 16th from 5 to 6 pm
- Exhibits may be picked up from Luxton Hall; prize money may also be claimed in Hall.
Please refer the Fair Book for full information.
The fine print...
GENERAL RULES & REGULATIONS
Entry Details—see above.
Entry fees are not refundable. If you wish to change a class this is considered to be a new entry.
Entries must not have been used or worn before exhibiting or they will not be judged.
Entries must not have been previously exhibited in Luxton Fair.
All entries must be the work of the exhibitor.
Exhibitors are not allowed more than one entry per class unless otherwise specified.
PRIZE MONEY must be picked up on Sunday between 5 & 6 pm unless otherwise specified. Unclaimed prize money will revert to Luxton Fair.
All entries are subject to the rules mentioned herein, and to those listed in individual sections.
Exhibits must be in place and ready for judging by 6 pm Thursday. All exhibits displayed at owner’s risk. Judging starts at 7 pm.
Exhibits may not be picked up before 5 pm Sunday. All entries must be picked up between 5 and 6 pm Sunday. Prize money may be claimed at this time.
Points will be awarded as follows: 1st-3, 2nd-2, 3rd-1, Best in show-2.
No third prize will be awarded in adult classes.
The decision of the judges is FINAL. All judges are selected on the basis of knowledge, ability and experience. Judges will not award a prize to an unworthy exhibit, whether there is a competition or not. An exhibit will be judged on its individual merit and will place as judges deem fit. The identity of the competitor is not revealed to any judge in advance of the actual judging.
Exhibitor’s Obligations and Liabilities
Any exhibitor who violates any of the General Rules or any of the rules printed in this prize list, and upon the decision of the Fall Fair Committee shall be liable to forfeit any or all prize money and awards made to said exhibitor and may also be barred from future entries for a period decided by the Fall Fair Committee.
While the Fall Fair Committee will take reasonable precautions to ensure the safety of the exhibits displayed at the fair, it must be understood that the owners must assume all risks of exhibiting them, and should any exhibit be lost, damaged or injured, the MFI or Fall Fair Committee will not make any payment of the value of the exhibit or any portion thereof. If any exhibit is accidentally injured, lost or stolen, the Fall Fair Committee will give all the assistance in their power toward recovery of the article.
Exhibitors of animals, machinery in motion and other exhibits liable to cause accident, injury or damage to property or to persons coming into contact with them, shall guard their exhibits and protect the public from coming into contact herewith, and every such exhibitor shall indemnify the Luxton Fall Fair and M.F.I. from and against all claims and demands, costs, charges and expense which it may incur, suffer, or be put to, by reason of any accident or of any person being injured or suffering damage through or by reason of any such exhibit not being properly guarded, or the public not being properly protected there from. This includes 4-H horse events.
No claim for injury to any person or property shall ever be asserted or suit instituted or maintained against Luxton Fall Fair Committee, Metchosin Farmers’ Institute, its volunteers, officers or their agents.