Think your apples are the biggest in the neighbourhood? Maybe your pie is unbelievable...come out and compete as an exhibitor to prove it! From home baking, photography, floral arrangements and kids art, to pigeons and carnivorous plants, there are hundreds of categories to choose from, and hundreds of ways to show off your creativity and maker skills, whatever they may be. Check out the following pages to find out how you and your family can participate in the fair this year!
Two Ways to Enter Exhibits in the Luxton Fair: Email or In Person
1) E-Mail Your Entry Anytime before Monday Sept. 10th to:
Include the following information:
- Name, address, phone, and e-mail address
- If junior entrant under 17, include age and school name
- Class Number and Description as listed in book
- Then bring entry fees to Luxton Hall with your entry on Thursday, Sept. 13th, between 2-6 pm for judging! Your entries will be on display for fair goers to see from Friday-Sunday at 5pm
2) Submit Entry Form in Person by Monday, September 10th
Submit your completed entry form and fees to Fair Office at 1040 Marwood Avenue in one of the following ways:
- Leave in entry box on outside of office anytime before Monday Sept. 10th at 3 pm
- Mail to Luxton Fall Fair, 1040 Marwood Ave. Victoria V9C 3C4
- Bring during office hours Monday Sept. 10th 3-7 pm
- If submitting late entry (after Monday Sept. 10th 7 pm) leave in entry box outside office or bring with entries on Thursday Sept. 13th before 5 pm (Late entries pay double fees)
- Bring Exhibits to Luxton Fair Grounds Thursday, September 13th 2-6 pm for judging. Your entries will be on display for fair goers to see from Friday-Sunday at 5pm
Entry fees are $.50 for children or $1.00 for adults per item entered. For late entries (after Monday Sept 10th at 7 pm) fees are double: $1.00 for children or $2.00 for adults.
Fees may be paid in cash or cheque payable to LUXTON FALL FAIR.
Fees for entries submitted by e-mail will be collected at Luxton Hall during entry drop-off.
Entry tags for attaching to your entries/articles will be in the Luxton Hall.
- Please give yourself plenty of time to get your entries ready for judging.
- Late entries only accepted to 5 pm to allow time for preparation of entry tags etc. (cut-off may be earlier depending on volume of late entries.)
- Luxton Hall will be closed for accepting entries and to the public at 6 pm.
- Judging starts promptly at 7 pm.
Pickup Exhibits Sunday, September 16th 5-6 pm
Exhibits and prize money may be picked up from volunteers in Luxton Hall on Sunday between 5 and 6 pm.