POULTRY & PIGEONS—Sponsored by Buckerfield’s
Note: This show will be the 2018 Young Bird Show for the Vancouver Island Fancy Pigeon Club (VIFPC), an American Poultry Association (AMA) sanctioned show, as well as an open pigeon & poultry show. To be eligible for VIFPC awards you must be a member in good standing of VIFPS prior to judging commencing. Anyone can enter open show.
Pigeon Convenor: Brian Heck Phone: 250 954-9463 E-mail: email@example.com
Pigeon Entries to be sent to: Brian Heck by mail or e-mail: 1885 Widgeon Road, Qualicum Beach, BC V9K 1Y8 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Poultry Convenor: Fallon Nagy Phone: 250 516-5301 E-mail: email@example.com
Poultry Entries to be sent by mail or e-mail to: Entry secretary, Luxton Fall Fair, 1040 Marwood Ave., Victoria BC V9C 3C4 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Entries Close: Sunday, September 8, 2018—NO LATE ENTRIES ACCEPTED.
Fees: $1.50 per entry (Junior $1.00 per entry)
Poultry Judge—Ramona Trombley
Pigeon Judge—Andy Hansen
Display & Judging Location: Pioneer Building
Rules: (note: there will be no exceptions to these rules)
- Entries must be mailed, emailed or delivered to above address, with entry fees in full, by close of entry date above. Please make all cheques payable to LUXTON FALL FAIR.
- Pen space may limit entries.
- All entries must be in coops by 9 a.m. Saturday, Sept 15, 2018.
- Exhibits may not be removed before 5 p.m. Sunday, Sept 16, 2018 except with prior permission of Convenor.
- Judging for all entries commences at 10 a.m. Saturday, Sept 15, 2018.
- All Poultry entries will be judged according to the American Standard of Perfection.
- Unclean or diseased birds will NOT be allowed in the show building (STRICTLY ENFORCED)
- Classes will be provided for all breeds, providing there are at least 10 or more birds; all others will compete as AOV.
- Prizes will be awarded at the Judges' discretion, and Judges’ decisions are final.
- Poultry TRIOS must consist of one male and two females, either all old or all young birds, entered as Trios only. Females will be cooped together.
- There will be NO PRIZE MONEY FOR SPECIALS unless there are at least 10 birds in competition.
- IN ALL CLASSES, BIRDS MUST BE OF PUREBRED VARIETY ONLY.
- NO PRIZE MONEY WILL BE PAID IN A CLASS WITH LESS THAN THREE EXHIBITS.
PRIZE MONEY FOR ALL POULTRY AND PIGEON DIVISIONS
Entries 1st 2nd 3rd 4th
1 to 5 $5.00 $4.00 $3.00
6 or more $7.00 $6.00 $5.00 $3.50
*All birds to be entered as Cock, Hen, Cockerel, Pullet, etc.
CHAMPION AND RESERVE CHAMPION and JUNIOR ROSETTES
Champion in Show $15.00
Reserve Champion in Show $10.00
Champion by Junior $10.00
Open to boys and girls 18 years and under. Classes are the same as adult classes. All entries are to be RAISED AND HANDLED BY THE JUNIOR. Juniors may compete in overall competition and as Juniors. Juniors must state age on entry form.
SPECIAL JUNIOR AWARDS
Champion Standard Poultry by Junior
Champion Bantam Poultry by Junior
Champion Waterfowl by Junior
Champion Fancy Pigeon by Junior
STANDARDS - SECTION 1
Americans: i.e. Plymouth Rocks, Rhode Isl. Red, New Hampshires, etc.
Asiatics: i.e. Brahmas, Cochins, Langshans, etc.
English: i.e. Cornish, Orpingtons, Sussex, etc.
Mediterranean: i.e. Leghorns, Minorcas, Ancondas, etc.
Continental: i.e. Polish, Campines, Hamburgs, etc.
All Others: i.e. Aracaunas, Americaunas, Sumatras, etc.
BANTAMS - SECTION 2
Game Class: i.e. Modern Game, Old English Game
Single Comb Clean Legged: i.e. Japanese, Leghorn, Rhode Isl. Red, etc.
Rose Comb Clean Legged: i.e. Hamburg, Rosecomb, Sebright, etc.
All Other Combs Clean Legged: i.e. Cornish, Polish, Araucana, etc.
Feather Legged: i.e. Booted, Cochin, Silkie, etc.
Champion Standard Cock Champion Bantam Cock
Champion Standard Cockerel Champion Bantam Cockerel
Champion Standard Hen Champion Bantam Hen
Champion Standard Pullet Champion Bantam Pullet
Champion Standard Trio Champion Bantam Trio
Champion Standard Champion Bantam
Reserve Champion Standard Reserve Champion Bantam
WATERFOWL - SECTION 3
Large: i.e. Muscovy, Pekin, Rouen, etc.
Medium: i.e. Crested, Swedish, Buff, etc.
Light: i.e. Runners, Campbell, Magpie, etc.
Bantam: i.e. Call, India, Mallard, etc.
Large: i.e. Toulouse, Embden, African
Medium: i.e. Sebastopol, American Buff, Pilgrim
Small: i.e. Chinese, Canada, Egyptian, etc.
Champion Drake Champion Gander
Champion Duck Champion Goose
Champion Waterfowl Reserve Champion Waterfowl
GAME BIRDS - SECTION 4
Ruffed: i.e. Golden, Lady Amherst, Yellow Golden, etc.
Long Tails: i.e. Elliot, Reeves, Copper, etc.
Gallos: i.e. Swinhoe, Kalij, Silver, etc.
Eared: i.e. Tibetan, Brown Eared, Blue Eared, A.O.C.
Champion Game Bird Reserve Champion Game Bird
UPLAND GAME - SECTION 5
Exhibitors MUST SUPPLY OWN CAGE
Champion Upland Game
Reserve Champion Upland Game
TURKEYS - SECTION 6
Reserve Champion Turkey
DOVES - SECTION 7
Exhibitors MUST SUPPLY OWN CAGE
Champion Dove Reserve Champion Dove
FANCY PIGEONS - SECTION 8
All pigeons must be rung with numbered, seamless bands. Band numbers and breeds MUST be entered on entry forms. Birds are to be entered as Old Cock, Old Hen, Young Cock or Young Hen.
Classes by breed such as: Fantails, Turbits, Oriental Frills, Tumblers, Trumpeters, etc.
Champion Fancy Pigeon Old Cock
Champion Fancy Pigeon Old Hen
Champion Fancy Pigeon Young Cock
Champion Fancy Pigeon Young Hen
Champion Fancy Pigeon
Reserve Champion Fancy Pigeon
VIFPC 2018 Young Bird Show - awards for Champion Young Bird, Reserve Champion Young Bird & Champion Young Bird by a Junior, all open only to members in good standing of VIFPC prior to judging commencing.